J-DESC is accepting applications from foreign students in Japan to the Basic Core Analysis course of J-DESC Core School.
*ATTENTION*: Lectures and practical trainings will be presented basically in Japanese. Participants can ask questions in English at any time. The textbook is prepared in English.
16 August, 2022 Pre-event,
17-19 August, 2022
・Participation in the pre-event on August 16 is optional.
・Due to the summer holiday close of Kochi University accommodation on August 16, please make your own arrangements for hotel accommodation on August 16.
Kochi Core Center, Nankoku city, Kochi, Japan
For students and early-career scientists in Japan who have interest in core description and non-destructive measurements of marine sediment core.
500 Japanese Yen
*Other expenses (including dormitory charges for 3 nights, meal charges): approx. 10,000 Japanese Yen
29 July to 7 August, 2022 (JST)
*We stopped accepting applications because there is no more place available. (30 July)
Travel expenses support for J-DESC members
Maximum 10,000 Japanese Yen/ person
Please select “Yes” to the question “Do you need travel expenses support? “ on the application form.
How to apply
Fill the application form. (See below *Open from 29th July)
Japanese (partially English*)
* Lectures and practical trainings will be presented basically in Japanese. Participants can ask questions in English at any time. The textbook is prepared in English.
- Outline of IODP (Pre-event)
- Introduction to core curation (Pre-event)
- Introduction to Visual Core description
- Introduction to Smear slides
- Introduction to Non-destructive measurement
- X-ray CT scanner
- Visual core description
- Smear slides
- Multi-Sensor Core Logger (MSCL)
- Goichiro Uramoto (Kochi Univ.)
- Minoru Ikehara (Kochi Univ.)
- Takeshi Arimoto (JAMSTEC)
- Ken Ikehara @GSJ/AIST
- Minoru Ikehara @KCC, Kochi Univ.
- Tomohisa Irino @Hokkaido Univ.
- Goichiro Uramoto @KCC, Kochi Univ.
- Yusuke Kubo @ KCC, JAMSTEC
- Junichiro Kuroda @ AORI, Tokyo Univ.
- Osamu Tadai @ Marine Works Japan Ltd.
- Toshio Hisamitsu @KCC, JAMSTEC
If you have any questions or concerns about this course, please feel free to contact with J-DESC support office. (info [at] j-desc.org)