J-DESC is accepting applications from foreign students in Japan to the Basic Core Analysis course and the Core Isotope Analysis course of J-DESC Core School.
*ATTENTION*: Lectures and practical trainings will be presented basically in Japanese. Participants can ask questions in English at any time. The textbook is prepared in English.
Basic Core Analysis Course
* Call for the Core Isotope Analysis Course is here.
17-20 March, 2022
Kochi Core Center, Nankoku city, Kochi, Japan
For students and early-career scientists in Japan who have interest in core description and non-destructive measurements of marine sediment core.
1,000 Japanese Yen
*Other expenses (including dormitory charges for 3 nights, meal charges): approx. 10,000 Japanese Yen
17 February, 2022 (JST)
Travel expenses support for J-DESC members
Maximum 10,000 Japanese Yen/ person
Please select “Yes” to the question “Do you need travel expenses support? “ on the application form.
How to apply
Fill the application form. (See below)
Japanese (partially English*)
* Lectures and practical trainings will be presented basically in Japanese. Participants can ask questions in English at any time. The textbook is prepared in English.
- Outline of IODP
- Introduction to Visual Core description
- Introduction to Smear slides
- Introduction to Non-destructive measurement
- Introduction to core curation
- X-ray CT scanner
- Visual core description
- Smear slides
- Multi-Sensor Core Logger (MSCL)
- Goichiro Uramoto (Kochi Univ.)
- Minoru Ikehara (Kochi Univ.)
- Takeshi Arimoto (JAMSTEC)
- Ken Ikehara @GSJ/AIST
- Minoru Ikehara @KCC, Kochi Univ.
- Tomohisa Irino @Hokkaido Univ.
- Goichiro Uramoto @KCC, Kochi Univ.
- Yusuke Kubo @ KCC, JAMSTEC
- Junichiro Kuroda @ AORI, Tokyo Univ.
- Osamu Tadai @ Marine Works Japan Ltd.
- Toshio Hisamitsu @KCC, JAMSTEC
If you have any questions or concerns about this course, please feel free to contact with J-DESC support office. (info [at] j-desc.org)