J-DESC is accepting applications to the basic core analysis course of J-DESC Core School from international IODP community.
*ATTENTION*: Lectures and practical trainings will be presented basically in Japanese. Participants can ask questions in English at any time. The textbook is prepared in English.
- Date: 9-12 March, 2017
- Venue: Kochi Core Center, Nankoku city, Kochi, Japan
For students and early-career scientists who have interest in core description and non-destructive measurements of marine sediment core.
- Dr. Minoru Ikehara (Kochi Univ.) and Dr. Naokazu Ahagon (JAMSTEC)
- Naokazu Ahagon @KCC, JAMSTEC
- Ken Ikehara @GSJ/AIST
- Minoru Ikehara @KCC, Kochi Univ.
- Lallan P. Gupta @KCC, JAMSTEC
- Goichiro Uramoto @KCC, Kochi Univ.
- Osamu Tadai @Marine Works Japan Ltd.
- Toshio Hisamitsu @KCC, JAMSTEC
- Masafumi Murayama @KCC, Kochi Univ.
Japanese (partially English*)
* Lectures and practical trainings will be presented basically in Japanese. Participants can ask questions in English at any time. The textbook is prepared in English.
- X-ray CT scanner
- Visual core description
- Smear slides
- Multi-Sensor Core Logger (MSCL)
- Registration fee: 1,000 Japanese Yen
- Other expenses (including dormitory charges for 3 nights, meal charges, banquet fee) : approx. 10,000 Japanese Yen
Please ask to your appropriate IODP Program Member Offices.
If you have any quesutions or concerns about this course, please feel free to contact with Dr. Minoru Ikehara (ikehara [at] kochi-u.ac.jp), a coordinator of this course.
How to apply
Send an email to J-DESC Support (info [at] j-desc.org) with your information as follow;
- Full name
- Position (grade)
- Email address
- Field of expertise
- Motivation for participation
3 February, 2017 (JST)
Please do not hesitate to contact with J-DESC Support if you have any questions about application.