J-DESC is accepting applications to J-DESC Core School Basic Core Analysis Course from international IODP community.
*ATTENTION*: Lectures and practical trainings will be presented basically in Japanese. Participants can ask questions in English at any time. The textbook is prepared in English.
Date and Venue
- 12-15 March, 2020
- Kochi Core Center (Nankoku city, Kochi, Japan)
This course is mainly for students and early-career scientists who have interest in core description and non-destructive measurements of marine sediment core.
- Dr. Minoru Ikehara (Kochi Univ.)
- Dr. Go-ichiro Uramoto (Kochi Univ.)
- Dr. Naokazu Ahagon (JAMSTEC)
- Dr. Ken Ikehara (GSJ, AIST)
- Ken Ikehara @GSJ, AIST
- Minoru Ikehara @KCC, Kochi Univ.
- Tomohisa Irino @Hokkaido Univ.
- Go-ichiro Uramoto @KCC, Kochi Univ.
- Yusuke Kubo @KCC, JAMSTEC
- Junichiro Kuroda @AORI, Univ. of Tokyo
- Osamu Tadai @Marine Works Japan Ltd.
- Toshio Hisamitsu @KCC, JAMSTEC
- Kazutaka Yasukawa @FRCER, Univ. of Tokyo
- Yuji Kato @KCC, Kochi Univ.
Japanese (partially English*)
* Lectures and practical trainings will be presented basically in Japanese. Participants can ask questions in English at any time. The textbook is prepared in English.
- Outline of IODP program
- Lithofacies description
- Smear slides
- Nondestructive testing technique
- X-ray CT scanner
- Visual core description
- Multi-Sensor Core Logger (MSCL)
- Registration fee: 1,000 Japanese Yen
- Other expenses (including dormitory charges for 3 nights, meal charges, banquet fee) : approx. 10,000 Japanese Yen
Please ask to your appropriate IODP Program Member Offices.
How to apply
Send an email to J-DESC Support (info [at] j-desc.org) with your information as follow (*** Those items are required for taking out an insurance) ;
- Full name
- Position (grade)
- Date of birth
- Email address
- Field of expertise
- Motivation for participation
15 February, 2020 (JST)
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact the following persons;
(About this course)
Dr. Go-ichiro Uramoto
uramoto.go [at] kochi-u.ac.jp
(About the application)
J-DESC Support Office
info [at] j-desc.org