J-DESC is accepting applications to two courses of J-DESC Core School from international IODP community.
*ATTENTION*: Lectures and practical trainings will be presented basically in Japanese. Participants can ask questions in English at any time. The textbook is prepared in English.
- Date: 8-11 March, 2018
- Venue: Kochi Core Center, Nankoku city, Kochi, Japan
For students and early-career scientists who have interest in core description and non-destructive measurements of marine sediment core.
- Dr. Go-ichiro Uramoto (Kochi Univ.)
- Dr. Minoru Ikehara (Kochi Univ.)
- Dr. Naokazu Ahagon (JAMSTEC)
- Ken Ikehara @GSJ, AIST
- Minoru Ikehara @KCC, Kochi Univ.
- Lallan P. Gupta @KCC, JAMSTEC
- Go-ichiro Uramoto @KCC, Kochi Univ.
- Junichiro Kuroda @AORI, Univ. of Tokyo
- Osamu Tadai @Marine Works Japan Ltd.
- Toshio Hisamitsu @KCC, JAMSTEC
Japanese (partially English*)
* Lectures and practical trainings will be presented basically in Japanese. Participants can ask questions in English at any time. The textbook is prepared in English.
- X-ray CT scanner
- Visual core description
- Smear slides
- Multi-Sensor Core Logger (MSCL)
- Registration fee: 1,000 Japanese Yen
- Other expenses (including dormitory charges for 3 nights, meal charges, banquet fee) : approx. 10,000 Japanese Yen
Please ask to your appropriate IODP Program Member Offices.
If you have any quesutions or concerns about this course, please feel free to contact with Dr. Go-ichiro Uramoto ( uramoto.go [at] kochi-u.ac.jp), a coordinator of this course.
How to apply
Send an email to J-DESC Support (info [at] j-desc.org) with your information as follow;
- Full name
- Position (grade)
- Date of birth
- Email address
- Field of expertise
- Motivation for participation
11 February, 2018 (JST)
Please do not hesitate to contact with J-DESC Support if you have any questions about application.